TECH & WORLD NEWS
- What you can't learn from 'The Crown' about the Queen's intruderby Alex Humphreys on November 23, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Season 4 of The Crown takes place over most of the 1980s, one of the royal's family's more eventful decades. The real story of Michael Fagan's 1982 break-in to the Queen's bedroom is difficult to pin down...and The Crown didn't tell all of it. Read the full story here. Read more...More about Netflix, Mashable Video, The Crown, Princess Diana, […]
- Eureka: A family of computer scientists developed a blueprint for machine consciousnessby Tristan Greene on November 23, 2020 at 6:32 pm
Renowned researchers Manuel Blum and Lenore Blum have devoted their entire lives to the study of computer science with a particular focus on consciousness. They’ve authored dozens of papers and taught for decades at prestigious Carnegie Mellon University. And, just recently, they published new research that could serve as a blueprint for […]
- Track your food with this scanning, weight-sensing cooking board — Future Blinkby Jordan Aaron on November 23, 2020 at 6:28 pm
This smart cutting board, called Nutrio, can detect and weigh whatever you put on it for all of your food tracking needs. Read more...More about Food, Mashable Video, Cutting Board, Kitchen Tech, and Kitchen Tools
- Tested: iPhone 12 smokes the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra in real-world speedby Jon Fingas on November 23, 2020 at 6:25 pm
A CPU based on a cutting-edge process goes a long way.
- CDC has bad news about your Thanksgiving gatheringby Mark Kaufman on November 23, 2020 at 6:24 pm
There's an excellent reason why the United States' top infectious disease expert isn't gathering with family outside his home for Thanksgiving this year. Infected people without symptoms, who might feel well, continue to unwittingly spread the coronavirus on a large scale. In fact, the CDC recently released an updated scientific brief noting the […]
- Twitter Addresses Concerns Over a Fleet Bug | MakeUseOfby Emma Roth on November 23, 2020 at 6:22 pm
A bug allowed Fleets to remain visible well after the 24-hour deadline.
- Netflix says ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ is setting viewership recordsby Anthony Ha on November 23, 2020 at 6:19 pm
“The Queen’s Gambit” is setting viewership records at Netflix, the streaming service said today. Like all the viewership data that Netflix has released this year, these new numbers reflect how many people “chose to watch” — in other words, how many people watched at least two minutes of a given show or movie. In the case
- AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine shows success: Here’s how it stacks up to othersby Beth Mole on November 23, 2020 at 6:15 pm
AstraZeneca used two dosages: One 62% effective, the other 90%, for 70% average.
- Founders seeking their first check need a fundraising sales funnelby Walter Thompson on November 23, 2020 at 6:12 pm
CEO and co-founder of music tech startup Stem Milana Lewis explains how she landed several superstar investors and raised a little under $22 million.
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands’ Ion Hazzikostas interview: Directing launch crowding and communicationsby Heather Newman on November 23, 2020 at 6:10 pm
In our 1:1 interview, Hazzikostas discussed new Warcraft Shadowlands tech, developer communications, the AOE cap and how much change is too much.
- 34 Unique Kitchen Gifts Your Food-Loving Friends Actually Wanton November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Buying gifts for someone who you know loves to cook and bake can present a challenge. What do they already have in their kitchen? What do they actually need? What do they really want? I know because for many people, I am this person. How we choose I have a kitchen that’s pretty well stocked with my favorite tools, gadgets, specialty […]
- Where Does Fat Go When You Lose Weight?on November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Want to shed some pounds for your health? (Same.) Or maybe you just want to fit into your fave pair of jeans again. (Also same.) No matter why you want to lose weight, it’s important to know the science behind fat first. Here’s the 411 on fat. Where does fat go when you lose weight? What is fat: Fat gets a bad rap. But it can be a […]
- Dietary Deets: Kosher vs. Halalon November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Kosher and halal lifestyles often get lumped together. But while they do have some similarities, they’re very different diets. Here’s the 411 on all things kosher and halal. KosherHalalWhat is it?a set of food preparation and consumption guidelines established under Jewish dietary lawanything allowed under Islamic law (This doesn’t […]
- How Long Does Alcohol Stay in Your System, Really?on November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Alcohol and its side effects are known to stick around in your body, but how long does alcohol actually stay in your system? After you’ve drained your glass, your body immediately works to get rid of it. Chances are you’ll still be feeling it for about an hour, maybe even 2 hours depending on how your body metabolizes alcohol. Here’s […]
- The Lift: Workout Breathingon November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
This is “The Lift,” where we break down simple fitness activities you can do anywhere — and not just do them, but do them right. With these helpful tips, you can take control of your exercise process at your pace. Design by Mekhi Baldwin; Photograph by Grady Reese/Getty ImagesInhale. Exhale. Repeat. There’s not much to the whole […]
- Your Brain Needs Self-Care Tooon November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
You’re here! That means it’s Monday, or it’s feeling like one. Don’t worry Greatist has your back. Subscribe to our newsletter for direct access to Mondays with Minaa, a mental health column by our resident self-care expert, Minaa. Design by Alexis LiraHi Greatist readers Happy Monday! The past few weeks might have felt like a […]
- Craving a Splash of Color? These Juicing Recipes Are Electrifyingly Goodon November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Alright, first thing’s first: We’re not here to tell you that juicing is a miracle cure that rids you of every problem. We won’t even talk about how it “detoxes” or “cleanses” because there’s no scientific evidence that says it does. What we can get behind is that fresh squeezed flavor. Who doesn’t wish they could afford to […]
- Pull up a couch: It Might Be Time to Welcome a Professional into Your Relationship(s)on November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Content note: This article uses the term “couples therapy,” but that term applies to all relationships. Decades ago it seemed like therapy was just for urban intellectuals who had the extra time and money to sit on a tweed-wearing person’s couch, talking about their childhoods. Now, we live in a different world that increasingly […]
- A Very Veggie Christmas: 40 Meat-Free Holiday Recipeson November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Dreaming of a meat-free Christmas? We rounded up the 40 best vegetarian and vegan recipes to please all of Santa’s little helpers. From Frosty to the Abominable Snowman, there’s something for everyone. 1. Smoked Gouda and apple crostini with honey drizzle Photo courtesy of Joyful Healthy EatsStarting a meal with crostini gives off […]
- The Best Easy Fall Recipes We Think Should Stick Around All Yearon November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
‘Tis the season for pumpkin-spiced everything — and we get it, really, we do. But there are plenty of other cool-weather eats that deserve more kudos. These 10 fall foods (cider donuts! apple pie! sweet potatoes!) should be blowing up right now for 2 key reasons: They’re super easy to make.They’re f*cking delicious.They’re so fall […]
- Is Wine Fattening? Why Vino Can Still Pack on the Poundson November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Are you all about that wine life? (Same.) Wine can be a relaxing and healthy-ish boozy bev. But before you pop that cork, you should know what drinking vino can do to your body shape and weight. Here’s the lowdown on how fattening wine really is. Tara Romasanta Photography/StocksyHow many calories are in a glass of wine? The calories […]
- 9 Ways to Transform Day-Old Rice into Dishes You’ll Never Guess Are Leftoverson November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Illustration by Maya ChastainCooked too much rice yesterday? Have a carton of rice left in the fridge from a takeout order? Once upon a time you may have opened the container and tossed the dried block of rice in the trash. Well, day-old rice is actually a gift from the food gods. There are so many dishes that are actually best when made with […]
- So Fast It’s Freekeh: Vegan Dietitians Share Their Fast-Food Faveson November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Fast food gets a lot of grief. But let’s be honest: It definitely has its place. We’d all be a lot hungrier on late nights or long drives if we couldn’t swing by a drive-thru. Design by Wenzdai FigueroaIf you’re vegan, though, it can be a challenge to enjoy those cheap, easy noms because most fast food is pretty animal-heavy. […]
- The Great Dish-Cleaning Debate: Dishwasher vs. Washing by Handon November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Okay, folks. We’re going to settle one of the biggest debates of all time. And before you shout your opinion on whether pineapple is acceptable on pizza, that’s not what I’m referring to. This debate is all about which is the better dish cleaning method: washing them by hand or letting the dishwasher do the work. Which method gets the […]
- Want to Squirt? These Moves Can Make It Happen — Plus Other Juicy Factson November 24, 2020 at 12:21 am
Sex ed being what it is, many of us make it to adulthood without answers to some of life’s big questions: Do lesbians scissor? Can people with penises fake an orgasm? And, is squirting actually real? If you’ve only ever seen squirting in porn (which often is embellished), it makes sense you’d wonder whether the whole idea is fake. But […]
Why Write For Us?
To help the world.
To contribute your views to everyone,share your stories.
To help someone who cannot help themselves mentally and spiritually by sparing some words of wisdom of your experiences.
To help save a life.
To make a difference to the society as a whole.