TECH & WORLD NEWS
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL: More evidence for 90Hz display refresh rate by Adamya Sharma on September 6, 2019 at 7:29 am
We've heard about a 90Hz display on the Pixel 4 series before, and we've now seen more evidence for it.
- Facebook wants to combat deepfakes by making its own by Ravie Lakshmanan on September 6, 2019 at 7:02 am
With algorithmically-generated fabricated videos, otherwise called deepfakes, on the rise, Facebook is teaming up with Microsoft and seven academic institutions in the US for a Deepfake Detection Challenge. The contest — meant to develop technology for detecting deepfakes and prevent people from falling prey to misinformation — is […]
- The Diesel On Axial might be the most unique-looking Wear OS smartwatch to date by Christian de Looper on September 6, 2019 at 7:01 am
Diesel is the latest to announce a new Wear OS smartwatch, the Diesel On Axial. It has top specs and features, all in a classicly bold Diesel style.
- Our guide to taking down all the monsters in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne by Steven Petite on September 6, 2019 at 7:01 am
The Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion brings new monsters, sub-species, and new spins to existing monsters to the New World. Here's how to slay them a
- Emporio Armani and Diesel announce stylish new smartwatches by Suzana Dalul on September 6, 2019 at 7:00 am
Fashionable smartwatches are in vogue at IFA 2019, with both Emporio Armani and Diesel announcing new Wear OS devices.
- Google has a new Tinder-style interface for finding stuff to watch, here’s how to use it by Ivan Mehta on September 6, 2019 at 6:56 am
With all the content available to us online these days, it’s pretty hard to pick a movie or TV show to watch. And let’s face it, recommendation algorithms of services like Netflix or Prime Video are not always helpful. Don’t worry, Google will help you out now. The search giant is rolling out a bunch of features in the US […]
- First-ever image of a black hole wins scientists a $3-million prize by Trevor Mogg on September 6, 2019 at 6:45 am
The team of scientists who worked to capture the first-ever image of a black hole 55 million light years from Earth is to receive a $3 million prize for its efforts.
- Xiaomi announces Mi Charge Turbo event: Faster charging for 5G phones? by Hadlee Simons on September 6, 2019 at 6:37 am
It seems like Xiaomi is planning new charging technology, and we might see it on upcoming 5G phones.
- The OnePlus TV: All the rumors in one place (Updated September 6) by C. Scott Brown on September 6, 2019 at 5:51 am
Update: OnePlus founder Pete Lau has shared an image that shows off the OnePlus TV remote. Here's what you can expect.
- Apple Music FINALLY gets a web interface by Ivan Mehta on September 6, 2019 at 5:35 am
Almost four years after its launch, Apple has finally launched a web player for its streaming service,Apple Music. The web version is currently in beta and available to everyone across the world. This isn’t yet a stable release, but it does include almost all of the service’s features. You can access your library, playlists, and […]
- David Allen — The Art of Getting Things Done (GTD) (#384) by Tim Ferriss on September 3, 2019 at 3:08 pm
“Your head’s for having ideas, not for holding them.” — David Allen David Allen (@gtdguy) is one of the world’s most influential thinkers on productivity, and his 35 years of experience as a management consultant and executive coach have earned him the titles of “personal productivity guru” by Fast […]
- Mike Phillips — How to Save a Species (#383) by Tim Ferriss on August 21, 2019 at 2:22 pm
“Humans and cockroaches and coyotes are going to inherit the earth.” — Mike Phillips [Visit tim.blog/wolf for the most important links from this interview and my personal next steps.] Mike Phillips has served as the Executive Director of the Turner Endangered Species Fund and advisor to the Turner Biodiversity Divisions since he […]
- Safi Bahcall — On Hypnosis, Conquering Insomnia, Incentives, and More (#382) by Tim Ferriss on August 16, 2019 at 7:54 pm
Safi Bahcall (@SafiBahcall) is the author of Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas that Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries, which debuted #3 on Wall Street Journal’s bestseller list. Loonshots describes what an idea from physics tells us about the behavior of groups and how teams, […]
- Charles Koch — CEO of Koch Industries (#381) by Tim Ferriss on August 11, 2019 at 9:47 pm
“When goods don’t cross borders, soldiers will.” — Charles Koch, quoting Frédéric Bastiat This episode will no doubt surprise people, and my guest came to me through channels I wouldn’t have expected. Charles Koch received a bachelor’s degree in general engineering and two master’s degrees, […]
- Ed Zschau — The Polymath Professor Who Changed My Life (#380) by Tim Ferriss on August 2, 2019 at 1:33 am
“Entrepreneurship isn’t about starting companies. Entrepreneurship is an approach to life.” — Ed Zschau Ed Zschau is the Interim President of Sierra Nevada College, and he brings to the college 17 years of leading technology companies. He founded System Industries in Palo Alto, California in 1969, and as its CEO led it to a […]
- Dita Von Teese — The Queen of Burlesque (#379) by Tim Ferriss on July 28, 2019 at 9:30 pm
“You can be a juicy ripe peach and there will still be someone who doesn’t like peaches.” — Dita Von Teese Dita Von Teese (@DitaVonTeese) is the biggest name in burlesque in the world since Gypsy Rose Lee and is credited with bringing the art form back into the spotlight. She is renowned for her
- Nick Norris — Navy SEAL and Athlete on Training, Post-Traumatic Growth, and Healing (#378) by Tim Ferriss on July 18, 2019 at 1:10 pm
“I’ve shared that a lot more openly, and it’s been one of the best medicines that I’ve found. It’s liberating. Talking about grief has been something that’s unlocked a lot of happiness for me.” — Nick Norris Nick Norris (@nick_norris1981) is a graduate of both the United States Naval Academy and […]
- Psychedelics — Microdosing, Mind-Enhancing Methods, and More (#377) by Tim Ferriss on July 15, 2019 at 1:28 pm
This episode features a panel that I moderated in front of a standing-room-only crowd at the Milken Institute’s Global Conference 2019. It includes a great overview of psychedelic science, investing opportunities, anecdotal personal benefits, legal challenges, and much more. I think it’s one of the more comprehensive panels ever […]
- Why I’m Stopping the Fan-Supported Podcast Experiment by Tim Ferriss on July 11, 2019 at 4:25 pm
Greetings! This is a quick public service announcement: I will be stopping the fan-supported podcast experiment and moving back to an ad-supported podcast. This post will explain a few of the reasons. Let’s kick off with some housekeeping notes: Huge thanks to everyone who became supporters. I’ll have more to share with y’all via […]
- Josh Waitzkin — How to Cram 2 Months of Learning into 1 Day (#375) by Tim Ferriss on June 27, 2019 at 8:40 am
“From my perspective, the goal is unobstructed self-expression.” — Josh Waitzkin Josh Waitzkin, author of The Art of Learning, is an eight-time US National Chess Champion, a two-time World Champion in Tai Chi Chuan Push Hands, and the first Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt under nine-time World Champion Marcelo Garcia. For the past […]
- 15 Things This Teacher Didn’t Learn in High School but Wants You to Know by John Klessinger on September 5, 2019 at 9:00 pm
I have been a high school teacher for 21 years. I have taught math, social studies, reading, physical education, and more. A few years back, I gave a similar list like the one below to my graduating seniors as a “gift.” It was entitled “15 Things I Did Not Learn in High School, but I
- 55 of the Best Johnny Depp Quotes to Inspire You Today by Aroze Shah on September 4, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Johnny Depp, famous for his portrayal of strange and eccentric characters, is undoubtedly one of the most popular stars in Hollywood. But his real life has also been as strange as anything. Johnny Depp has faced many hardships starting from his teenage years. Before he became a big thing in Hollywood, he used to make
- How Your Business Can Take Advantage of Instagram to Boost Brand Awareness by Bryan Mixon on September 3, 2019 at 9:00 pm
To step up an effective social media marketing strategy, you have to consider the various opportunities on how you can connect with your target market on different platforms. Although Twitter and Facebook can be great when publishing company updates, Instagram is an excellent visual solution to inspire and captivate your audience. Why use […]
- New to Business? Outshine Your Competitors With These 4 Tips by Merryl Dusaran on September 2, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Competition in business is natural. There is always another business that offers products similar to what you have, and you can’t avoid it. The wisest step to take is to become the best company among the swarm of like-minded business proprietors. It’s a competition that seeks to prove, once and for all, which company will
- Coaching Yourself Into Success: 3 Mindful Points That Accelerate Results by Stephen Frost on September 1, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Coaching yourself through your day is an outstanding way to dramatically improve your results. Of course, all types of coaching are good, but getting high-power coaching from top coaches is incredibly good and can take things beyond your wildest expectations. However, having coaches like that with you, constantly checking your mindset throughout […]
Why Write For Us?
To help the world.
To contribute your views to everyone,share your stories.
To help someone who cannot help themselves mentally and spiritually by sparing some words of wisdom of your experiences.
To help save a life.
To make a difference to the society as a whole.