TECH & WORLD NEWS
- WattScale is an open source AI tool that identifies energy-wasting homes by Kyle Wiggers on July 7, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Researchers developed an AI tool -- WattScale -- that can identify energy-inefficient homes anywhere in a region with sufficient data.
- Tech meets fashion in Shami Oshun's stunning designs by Miller Kern on July 7, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Even though Shami Oshun grew up in the Bay Area with Silicon Valley basically across the street, when she first heard the term “3D printing” in high school she had no idea what that meant. Her interest was piqued, so she took a summer class to learn the ins and outs of the trade. Inspired by Iris van Herpen’s integration of 3D […]
- What is #BlackoutDay2020? Here's what you need to know. by Leah Stodart on July 7, 2020 at 3:46 pm
The Blackout Day on July 7 isn't the same as the movement that caused Instagram to be covered in black squares last month. This latest Blackout Day isn't about social media at all. Rather, it's about the power of money and how we choose to spend it. With the mid-pandemic economy as volatile as it is, every dollar is particularly valuable. On July […]
- Sega’s next retro hardware is a 1/6th-scale multi-game arcade cabinet by Kyle Orland on July 7, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Japanese Astro City Mini will sport 36 games, including Virtua Fighter.
- Moto G 5G Plus offers fast data and a 90Hz display for €349 by Jon Fingas on July 7, 2020 at 3:10 pm
You won’t have to spend a small fortune on flagships like the Moto Edge Plus to get a Motorola phone with built-in 5G.
- An extended interview with Star Control creators Fred Ford & Paul Reiche III by Lee Hutchinson on July 7, 2020 at 3:10 pm
Geek out to two hours of Ur-Quan design secrets and behind-the-scenes tales.
- Amazon adds ‘hands-free’ Alexa to its Alexa mobile app by Sarah Perez on July 7, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Amazon is making it easier for mobile users to access its Alexa virtual assistant while on the go. The company announced today it’s making it possible to use Alexa “hands free” from within its Alexa mobile app for iOS and Android, meaning customers will be able to use Alexa to make lists, play music, control
- Congress may allow NASA to launch Europa Clipper on a Falcon Heavy by Eric Berger on July 7, 2020 at 3:03 pm
New budget also offers some hope for Human Landing System.
- Camera shootout: Sony Xperia 1 II vs Huawei P40 Pro by Robert Triggs on July 7, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Sony's Xperia 1 II touts Alpha and Zeiss branding, but can it take on the Huawei P40 Pro and its partnership with Leica?
- Amazon Prime Video finally launches user profiles to all customers worldwide by Sarah Perez on July 7, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Amazon’s Prime Video is finally adding a feature that’s long since become a standard for streaming video services: user profiles. With profiles, Prime Video users will have access to their own Watchlist, personalized recommendations, and they’ll be able to track their own viewing progress, similar to rival services, like Netflix. […]
- Hugh Jackman on Best Decisions, Daily Routines, The 85% Rule, Favorite Exercises, Mind Training, and Much More (#444) by Tim Ferriss on June 26, 2020 at 4:12 pm
“Everyone takes a shower every day, and we don’t complain about it. We do it out of discipline. There will always be an excuse not to meditate.” — Hugh Jackman Hugh Jackman (@TheHughJackman) is an Academy Award®-nominated, Golden Globe- and Tony Award-winning performer, who has made an impression on audiences […]
- David Yarrow on Art, Markets, Business, and Combining It All (#443) by Tim Ferriss on June 25, 2020 at 1:54 pm
“I must never again put myself in a position where my work ethic can be undone by things totally beyond my control.” — David Yarrow In his genre, David Yarrow (@davidyarrow) is one of the world’s best-selling fine art photographers. Most recently, he has focused on capturing the animal and human worlds in fresh […]
- Tribe of Mentors — Naval Ravikant, Susan Cain, and Yuval Noah Harari (#442) by Tim Ferriss on June 23, 2020 at 12:10 am
Welcome to another episode of The Tim Ferriss Show! It will feature some of my favorite advice and profiles from Tribe of Mentors. Thousands of you have asked for years for the audiobook versions of Tools of Titans and Tribe of Mentors, and they are now both finally available at audible.com/ferriss. […]
- John Paul DeJoria — From Homelessness to Building Paul Mitchell and Patrón Tequila (#441) by Tim Ferriss on June 17, 2020 at 5:54 pm
“Don’t limit yourself in life by your age, or what you think you’re capable of doing. You’re always as old as your mind leads you to believe.” — John Paul DeJoria John Paul DeJoria is an American entrepreneur and philanthropist who has launched multiple global enterprises and is renowned as one of the “100 […]
- Here’s a Very Unusual $10MM Bet… by Tim Ferriss on June 16, 2020 at 3:57 pm
“I felt like I went through 15 years of psychological therapy in one night.” — Actual patient featured in Trip of Compassion “The future is already here — it’s just not very evenly distributed.”— William Gibson This post is about my largest bet of 2020. It relates to pain and promise. I’ll […]
- Rick Doblin — The Psychedelic Domino That Tips All Others (#440) by Tim Ferriss on June 11, 2020 at 8:40 pm
Rick Doblin, PhD, (@rickdoblin) is the founder and executive director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS). He received his doctorate in public policy from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, where he wrote his dissertation on the regulation of the medical uses of psychedelics and marijuana and his […]
- Tools of Titans — Derek Sivers, BJ Miller, and Christopher Sommer (#439) by Tim Ferriss on June 10, 2020 at 5:36 pm
Welcome to another episode of The Tim Ferriss Show! It will showcase some of my favorite advice and profiles from the audiobook of Tools of Titans. Thousands of you have asked for years for the audiobook versions of Tools of Titans and Tribe of Mentors, and they are now available. Go to audible.com/ferriss for more … Continue reading "Tools […]
- Coach George Raveling on This Unique Moment in Time, How to Practice Self-Leadership, Navigating Difficult Conversations, and Much More (#438) by Tim Ferriss on June 8, 2020 at 7:37 pm
“My hope is that we will be who we say we are. All of us.” — Coach George Raveling Coach George Raveling (@GeorgeRaveling) is an 82-year-old living legend and Nike’s former Director of International Basketball. Coach Raveling was the first African-American head basketball coach in the PAC-8 (now PAC-12). On August […]
- Secretary Madeleine Albright — Optimism, the Future of the US, and 450-Pound Leg Presses (#437) by Tim Ferriss on May 27, 2020 at 5:35 pm
“I’m an optimist who worries a lot.” — Secretary Madeleine Albright Madeleine K. Albright (@madeleine) is a professor, author, diplomat, and businesswoman who served as the 64th secretary of state of the United States. In 1997, she was named the first female secretary of state and became, at that time, the […]
- Books I’ve Loved — Maria Popova and Tyler Cowen (#436) by Tim Ferriss on May 25, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Welcome to another episode of The Tim Ferriss Show, where it is my job to sit down with world-class performers of all different types—from startup founders and investors to chess champions to Olympic athletes. This episode, however, is an experiment and part of a shorter series I’m doing called “Books I’ve […]
- Why Body and Mind Harmony Are So Necessary for a Successful Life by Anna Medina on July 6, 2020 at 9:00 pm
If you’d like to learn how to have a good balance of mental and physical health so you can live a successful and prosperous life, sign up for the free 90-Day Master Class hosted by the founder of Addicted2Success.com, Joel Brown. In the times when so many people are experiencing extreme amounts of strength and
- Take the Time to Answer These 3 Questions if You Want to Be Successful by Matt Crane on July 5, 2020 at 9:00 pm
If you’d like to learn how to succeed in the areas of your life most important to you so you can live your best life, sign up for the free 90-Day Master Class hosted by the founder of Addicted2Success.com, Joel Brown. I’ve personally never met someone who hasn’t had or doesn’t currently have success on
- Why Working Faster Matters Even When You Make Mistakes by Manick Bhan on July 4, 2020 at 9:00 pm
Too many people work slowly because they fear making mistakes, but the cliché saying is true: time is money. Jeff Bezos recently argued that being wrong can hurt you, but being slow will kill you. Evolutionary biology tells us the same. It was, after all, the meek, but speedy, rodents from 160 million years ago
- 5 Reasons Why Self-Motivation Can Prove to Be Your Strongest Armor to Stress by Jessica Robinson on July 3, 2020 at 9:00 pm
Stress is a detrimental force that impacts our health at all levels. It exposes us to physical pains, emotional troubles, and mental chaos. All these impacts of stress eat away our enthusiasm for living. We feel drained of all our energy, we don’t feel interested to do anything in life and everything appears meaningless. This
- 7 Self-Discipline Tips That Will Help You In Business by John Edwards on July 2, 2020 at 9:00 pm
If you’d like to learn how to develop self-discipline so you can stick to your decisions and follow them through, sign up for the free 90-Day Master Class hosted by the founder of Addicted2Success.com, Joel Brown. What are the qualities of a disciplined person? How can self-discipline help you in business? How to know if
Why Write For Us?
To help the world.
To contribute your views to everyone,share your stories.
To help someone who cannot help themselves mentally and spiritually by sparing some words of wisdom of your experiences.
To help save a life.
To make a difference to the society as a whole.