TECH & WORLD NEWS
- 6 Pedometer Apps to Make Walking a Habit and Turn Counting Steps Into Rewardsby Mihir Patkar on March 6, 2021 at 9:30 am
Make walking a more enjoyable exercise with the help of these apps and take the first step towards better health.
- Xiaomi Mi Portable Bluetooth Speaker review: Boom for your buckby Dhruv Bhutani on March 6, 2021 at 9:00 am
A very good buy for a very good price.
- Furious AI researcher creates a list of non-reproducible machine learning papersby Ben Dickson on March 6, 2021 at 9:00 am
On February 14, a researcher who was frustrated with reproducing the results of a machine learning research paper opened up a Reddit account under the username ContributionSecure14 and posted the r/MachineLearning subreddit: “I just spent a week implementing a paper as a baseline and failed to reproduce the results. I realized today after […]
- VC Lindy Fishburne on the seemingly sudden democratization of scienceby Connie Loizos on March 6, 2021 at 7:58 am
Deep science investor Lindy Fishburne cofounded the seed- and early-stage venture firm Breakout Ventures several years ago, after cofounding Breakout Labs within the Thiel Foundation back in 2011, and she has amassed a wide array of stakes in the process. Among her firm’s portfolio companies is Cortexyme, a company that aims to treat […]
- Yes, you can now buy spirits distilled with real jaffa cakesby Joseph Green on March 6, 2021 at 5:15 am
TL;DR: As of March 6, you can buy gin, vodka, and rum that has been distilled with oranges, fresh orange peel, cocoa powder, and real jaffa cakes. You've probably got Mother's Day locked up. We're sure you got flowers ready to be delivered, a card bought, and maybe some chocolates on the way. But just in case you still have some work to do, we […]
- How to unblock and watch Japanese Netflix from the UKby Joseph Green on March 6, 2021 at 5:10 am
SAVE 49%: A one-year subscription to ExpressVPN is on sale for £4.91 per month as of March 6, and includes an extra three months for free. We would like the attention of all anime fans, because there is a simple method of accessing a lot of extra content from Japan, and it costs less than £5 a month. A one-year subscription to ExpressVPN is on […]
- Save 44% on an annual subscription to Rosetta Stoneby Joseph Green on March 6, 2021 at 5:05 am
TL;DR: A one-year subscription to Rosetta Stone (unlimited languages) is on sale for £71.59 as of March 6, saving you 44% on list price. Rosetta Stone is one of the most highly-rated language learning programs on the market. Some may even call it the original. The program is famous for its Phrasebook, which provides easy-to-understand greetings, […]
- Save 98% on this comprehensive CompTIA certification bundleby Joseph Green on March 6, 2021 at 5:00 am
TL;DR: The 2021 Complete CompTIA Certification Prep Super Bundle is on sale for £49.40 as of March 6, saving you 98% on list price. It's no secret that money lies in the tech industry. What's a bit vaguer is how to get there and make that career possible. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to go back to school to get the basics. You can […]
- 5 of the best water flossers for improving your oral hygieneby Joseph Green on March 6, 2021 at 4:55 am
Picture yourself in the dentist's chair. Everything is going fine. The dentist has worked his way around your mouth reeling off those confusing letters and numbers, and his tone seems cheery. The assistant smiles at you. All is well. You've clearly nailed this. And then everything changes with a question. The dentist asks you whether you've been […]
- Adobe Announces the Date for Its 2021 MAX Conferenceby Jessibelle Garcia on March 6, 2021 at 4:20 am
Despite being such a huge creative event, it'll be completely online and free for all who wants to attend. Don't miss out!
- Will Napping Affect a Good Night’s Sleep?on March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
When even the most venti caffeine concoction isn’t cutting it, sneaking in a quick catnap might seem like the best way to recharge. But could that midday snooze be throwing your whole nighttime sleep cycle out of whack? Let’s see what the science says about napping and nighttime sleep. Does napping affect your evening snooze? Naps […]
- Is It Hot in Here? Fever Symptoms to Knowon March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Feeling a flush, but not sure if it’s a fever? The back of your hand is a great first step (thanks, mom), but it’s really not the most reliable way to tell (sorry, mom). First, what is a fever? It’s when your temperature rises above 100°F (38°C). Your body temperature fluctuates throughout the day, according to a research review. But […]
- I Swapped Laundry Detergent for Soap Nuts and I'm Never Going Backon March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Illustration by Wenzdai FigueroaFor several years now, my New Year’s resolutions have centered on implementing a new plan (big or small) to reduce waste in our household. For example, 5 years ago, I decided to start shopping the majority of our dry food from bulk bins. Every year it’s a new challenge. This year, I decided to continue to […]
- Paid to Be Pretty: The Trials and Tribulations of an Atlantic City Bottle Girlon March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
I worked the Atlantic City casinos all through college and into my 20s. I had all the jobs a cute college girl could get in the resort town: bottle girl, cocktail waitress, entertainment server — anything where the job description was “put on this little outfit, hold a tray, and smile.” The combined flexibility and security helped me get […]
- 25 Steps to a Zero-Waste Kitchenon March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Bonnin Studio/Stocksy UnitedZero waste isn’t all or nothing. In fact, it’s a gradual process of learning — or, rather, unlearning — how to clean, meal-plan, shop for groceries, and stock your kitchen. We’ve rounded up 25 steps toward making your kitchen more sustainable. Pick one or two to get started, and you just might discover that […]
- Capture it at the Front Door: Why You Should Have an Entryway Organizeron March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Lauramartinezphoto/Twenty20As a professional home organizer, I typically tackle the home entryway first. Sans functional system, it’s far too easy for this high traffic area to turn into complete mayhem. If all of the items that enter and exit your home on a daily basis don’t have a designated place to be stowed, you might find yourself […]
- The Stages of a Cold Sore, from Beginning to Endon March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Cold sores are red, fluid-filled blisters that usually appear near or around your mouth, usually at the worst possible time (think the morning before you’re about to give a big presentation at work or the moment before a date). They develop in specific stages that can help you spot them. These sores can be caused by the herpes simplex virus […]
- Under Pressure: 10 Best Mattresses for Pressure Pointson March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Tired AF of getting outta bed in pain? It might be time to change your mattress! If waking up to a sore back, hip, neck, or shoulders is the norm, you prob need better pressure point support. We made things easy for you and searched the internet for the best mattresses for pressure points. Browse through our top picks to find a mattress […]
- 11 Best Teas to Kick Those Allergies This Springon March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Tea isn’t just for soothing self-care sessions. Certain teas can also make a bomb remedy for coughs, sore throats, and sleep issues. This might make ya think 🤔 : Can tea also help with those annoying seasonal allergies? You bet. Teas that might help relieve common allergy symptoms include: nettle teaginger tealemon peel […]
- Bedbugs Be Gone! How to Get Rid of Unwanted Home Hitchhikerson March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Bedbugs are a nightmare for apartment and home-dwellers alike. Just the thought can have you totally buggin’… and scratching and just FREAKING OUT. But if you suspect you have bedbugs, or already found these little creeps, how do you get rid of them?! The best steps to help you kill off bedbugs: clean or throw out items that have been […]
- Inflammation: When Your Body Is Fire, But Not in a Good Wayon March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Did you know humans are part dragon? Well, sort of. When your body’s under attack, it fights back with fire. Enter inflammation. Inflammation is how your immune system reacts to threats and initiates healing. Pretty badass. If an enemy (like bacteria, viruses, and other infectious agents) mounts an invasion, your immune system kicks into gear […]
- Unpacking It: What Should I Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine?on March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
As a medical journalist and fact checker, I’ve been all about the numbers during the COVID-19 pandemic. One number I’ve been hyperfocused on is how many people in the United States say they’re willing to get a COVID-19 vaccine. A Pew Research Center poll in December 2020 found that only 60 percent of Americans would definitely or […]
- 16 Benefits That Put the “Ooh” in Oolong Teaon March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Not a big fan of green tea, but still looking for a tea that’s your perfect matcha? Meet oolong. Oolong tea, like green and black tea, is made from Camellia sinensis leaves. But while green tea and black tea represent two extremes of the fermentation spectrum (green tea is not fermented and black tea is fermented until it turns, well, black), […]
- Face Being Flaky? It Could Be Facial Psoriasison March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Any kind of dry, irritated skin can be annoying AF. But facial psoriasis is next-level sucky and can feel like your face is under attack. What is facial psoriasis anyways? Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that makes your skin cells multiply faster than normal. The excess skin cells pile up and create red scaly patches. It affects […]
- *Hic*zactly: Why Does Alcohol Make You Drunk?on March 6, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Alcohol. It can be just the buzz we need on a night out or a cozy evening in. But how does alcohol get you drunk? For better or worse, people drink booze for many reasons. Maybe they want to calm their nerves after a fraught day at the office. Perhaps they need to inflate their self-esteem when approaching someone they fancy. They might […]
Why Write For Us?
To help the world.
To contribute your views to everyone,share your stories.
To help someone who cannot help themselves mentally and spiritually by sparing some words of wisdom of your experiences.
To help save a life.
To make a difference to the society as a whole.